updated 07/30/2021 12:33pm
The 2021 Annual Meeting of the Big Moose Property Owners' Association was held on July 24th at the Association Center and via Zoom. At the meeting, reports were received from several committees, and the committee chairs referenced a number of resources of interest to the membership, which may be linked to here:
- BMPOA Water Testing spreadsheet, including the latest results
- Adirondack Lakes Assessment Program latest data for Big Moose Lake (see Page 8)
- Youth Protection Training (supporting the BMPOA Youth Protection Policy)
- Notice that use of an engine cut-off switch (ECOS), if installed on the boat, is now mandatory for operators of motor boats in New York State
- Reference to the BMPOA Facebook and Instagram pages, which contains information, including updates of immediate interest to our programs
- Discussion about the future of the Big Moose Ambulance Company
All members are asked to reach out to new neighbors to invite them to be members of the Big Moose Property Owner's Association.
posted 05/19/2014 8:48amBig Moose Friends and Family:
Please consider helping to support the Big Moose Ambulance Co. by participating in: AmazonSmile.
Your purchases can earn credits to our ambulance account.
Here's how it works:
What is AmazonSmile?
- AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon that lets customers enjoy the same wide selection of products, low prices, and convenient shopping features as onAmazon.com. The difference is that when customers shop on AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com), the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to the charitable organizations selected by customers.
- When first visiting AmazonSmile, customers are prompted to select a charitable organization from almost one million eligible organizations. In order to browse or shop at AmazonSmile, customers must first select a charitable organization. For eligible purchases at AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price to the customer’s selected charitable organization.
- No. There is no cost to charitable organizations or to AmazonSmile customers. The shopping experience is identical to Amazon.com with the added benefit that the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate to the charitable organizations selected by customers
Please consider Big Moose Ambulance Company Inc. for your donation. This could be a wonderful help for our volunteer operation.
Thank you for your consideration,
Big Moose Ambulance Company Inc.
BMPOA.COM is a one-stop source of information about the Big Moose Property Owners' Association and about upcoming Big Moose and area events and activities.
updated 05/31/2015 5:00pm
The love of a lake is a curious thing. It never alters. The lake may be a very small one, with broad shallows and little depth, but it is his lake, to which all other lakes, great and small, are compared--and always unfavorably...For years the man who loves a lake has watched it lying quiet as gold leaf under a July moon, has seen it toss in an August wind like a child in a tantrum, has seen it catch the blue of the September sky and deepen it. Everything about the lake may be familiar, yet he knows that whenever he takes his boat out, to go round and round once more, he will note something unnoticed before...No wonder that when a man loves one lake, his lake is always alive.
--William Chapman White
Just About Everything in the Adirondacks, 1960